Residents of Minnesota's Seventh Congressional District are invited to contact our office for assistance in dealing with federal issues. If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information youneed. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staffs have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case, and we must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. To satisfy this requirement, please complete and sign the digital privacy release form. Be sure to include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and/or
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
  • Passport locator number for inquiries regarding a passport.

Click here to sign the digital privacy release form and submit your casework request.